Time: 8.30 AM onwards.
We would like to inform you, due to high volume of requests from parents & teachers to change the dates of regional competitions of Muslim Spelling Bee to new dates, as majority of them Alhumduillah are going for HAJJ.
The following dates are confirmed:
- Islamic Association of Collin County/Plano Masjid Dallas/Plano, Texas (October 19, 2014)
- Alansar Academy, Orange County, California (November 9, 2014)
- Darul Arqam, New Jersey, New Jersey (November 15, 2014)
- Muslim Community School, Maryland (November 16, 2014)
- Leaders Preparatory School, Orlando, Florida (December 6, 2014)
- Mohammed Schools of Atlanta, Atlanta-Decatur, Georgia (December 6, 2014)
- Al-Ihsan Academy, New York, New York (December 13, 2014) time:8.30 AM onwards
- Saba Academy, San Jose, California (January 10, 2015) time:8.30 AM onwards
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative, Houston, Texas (January 11, 2015) time:8.30 AM onwards
- Quran Institute of America, Detroit, Michigan (January 17, 2015) time:8.30 AM onwards
- Folsom Educational Academy, Folsom/Sacramento, California (January 24, 2015)
- The Islamic Community Center of Des Plaines, Illinois (February 28, 2015) time:8.30 AM onwards
The registration is are open for the Muslim Spelling Bee 2014 competition http://muslimspellingbee.com/Register.aspx
Finals to be held in Houston by Al Hadi School of Accelerative Learning, Houston, Texas
For registration please click here http://muslimspellingbee.com/Register.aspx
Insha'Allah, Finals will be held in Houston, Texas.
Age: Up-to 14 years or less at the time of the contest. Born on or after September 1st, 1999.
Reporting: Registration & reporting time 8.30 am-9.00 am
Identity Cards (ID): ID to be worn at all times during the contest.
Refunds: No Refund of application fees.
Application fees: $30.00
Qualifications: Acceptance or disqualification of the contestant will be at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Dictionary: Merriam Webster’s Third New International Unabridged Dictionary.
Review: The contestant can request the judges for a review, but the final decision lies with the judges and cannot be disputed.
Format: The management can change the format of the competition, dates and venues.
Safety & Security: Adequate safety arrangements will be made by the organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers), but organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers) are not responsible for any consequences/mishaps in any form. The contestant, parents and audience are responsible for their own safety by following the rules and regulations.
Video/Photography: The organization reserves the right to take photos and videos for its use.
Contest: The Muslim Spelling Bee Competition will start exactly on the time and it is your responsibility to check-in on time.
Word list: Word list is provided but it is not limited to it. Additional words may be asked at the discretion of the judges, so the students are advised to prepare also from Merriam Webster.
Oral test: The competition is divided between age groups (A, B, C & D), and top five spellers, which includes top three winners from each group will be selected for final competition. (A, B, C & D). A (Up to 7 years), B (8 - 9 years), C (9 - 12 years) & D (13 - 14 years).
Written test would be incorporated if there is large number of students per group.
Testing Area: Except for contestant and officials no one allowed in testing area.
Communication: Registered email addressed used during the time of registration will be used to communicate regarding the competition.
Eligibility: Children of the employees of Sponsors and its affiliates are ineligible to compete.
Disqualification: Organizers reserves the right to disqualify the contestant, if there is a misconduct.
Agreement: The contestant and parents/guardians agree that have read all the eligibility conditions as well as all the rules and regulations governing the Muslim Spelling Bee-2012 and accept it in its totality and you agree to indemnify and hold organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your competitors participation in the contest, your violation of the terms and conditions, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.