Time: 8.30 AM onwards.
Locations & Dates: August, September, October & November 2013.
- Al-Hadi School of Accelerative, Houston, Texas (Competition date: August 24th, 2013; Deadline for registration: August 21st, 2013)
- Islamic School of Irving, Dallas/Forth/Worth, Texas (Competition date: August 25th, 2013; Deadline for registration: August 22nd, 2013)
- Al-Ihsan Academy, New York, New York (Competition date: September 21st, 2013; Deadline for registration: September 18th, 2013)
- Muslim Community School/Alim Academy, Potomac, Maryland (September 22nd, 2013; Deadline for registration: September 19th,, 2013)
- MCC Fulltime Islamic School, Morton Grove, Illinois (September 28th, 2013; Deadline for registration: September 25th,, 2013)
- Precious Sprouts Of Ann Arbor, Detroit, Michigan (Competition date: October 5th, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 3rd, 2013)
- Mohammed Schools of Atlanta, Atlanta-Decatur, Georgia (Competition date: October 12th, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 23rd, 2013)
- Orange Crescent School, Garden Grove, California (Competition date: October 19th, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 16th, 2013)
- Folsom Educational Academy, Folsom/Sacramento, California (Competition date: October 20th, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 17th, 2013)
- American Youth Academy, Tampa, Florida (Competition date: October 26th, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 23rd, 2013)
- Darul Arqam, New Jersey, New Jersey (Competition date: November 2nd, 2013; Deadline for registration: October 31st, 2013)
Finals : The Des Plaines Theatre, 1476 Miner Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016.
Age: Up-to 14 years or less at the time of the contest. Born on or after September 1st, 1998.
Reporting: Registration & reporting time 8.30 am-9.00 am
Identity Cards (ID): ID to be worn at all times during the contest.
Refunds: No Refund of application fees.
Multiple registration rebates:
We will offer $ 10 to every additional student registered by the parents. First the parents/guardians will register and make a payment for all the registered children. The criteria for rebate are that the students’ registration has to be done at one time.
The addresses of the students have to be same. This rebate is not open to cousins staying at the same address. Once payment is made, then the parents have to email us with their details of the registered children. Once receipt of the email, we will review and immediately give the rebate of $10 per child.
For example, parents register Ahmed and Sara they register and make a payment of $50 each amounting to $100 total. The parents write to us at email@example.com with their details. On receiving the details, we will review and give the rebate of $10 amounting to $10.Hence the application fees for two registered students will be $90.
If three children are registered then, we will give the rebate of $20, then the application fees for three registered students will be $130
Qualifications: Acceptance or disqualification of the contestant will be at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Dictionary: Merriam Webster’s Third New International Unabridged Dictionary.
Review: The contestant can request the judges for a review, but the final decision lies with the judges and cannot be disputed.
Format: The management can change the format of the competition, dates and venues.
Safety & Security: Adequate safety arrangements will be made by the organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers), but organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers) are not responsible for any consequences/mishaps in any form. The contestant, parents and audience are responsible for their own safety by following the rules and regulations.
Video/Photography: The organization reserves the right to take photos and videos for its use.
Contest: The Muslim Spelling Bee Competition will start exactly on the time and it is your responsibility to check-in on time.
Word list: Word list is provided but it is not limited to it. Additional words may be asked at the discretion of the judges, so the students are advised to prepare also from Merriam Webster.
Oral test: The competition is divided between age groups (A, B, C & D), and top five spellers, which includes top three winners from each group will be selected for final competition. (A, B, C & D). A (Up to 7 years), B (7 - 9 years), C (9 - 11 years) & D (12 - 14 years).
Written test would be incorporated if there is large number of students per group.
Testing Area: Except for contestant and officials no one allowed in testing area.
Communication: Registered email addressed used during the time of registration will be used to communicate regarding the competition.
Eligibility: Children of the employees of Sponsors and its affiliates are ineligible to compete.
Disqualification: Organizers reserves the right to disqualify the contestant, if there is a misconduct.
Agreement: The contestant and parents/guardians agree that have read all the eligibility conditions as well as all the rules and regulations governing the Muslim Spelling Bee-2012 and accept it in its totality and you agree to indemnify and hold organizers (TMA Worldwide, staff, partner schools, and volunteers) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your competitors participation in the contest, your violation of the terms and conditions, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.